Day 9, A good amount of progress today. I sorted out many of the nuisance things that were bothering me. I accomplished alot on my plate. I now know where I stand with brakes. And there is a lot of work to do there.
Need a new upper radiator hose. Based on the position of the radiator and the low position of the engine, I need a custom hose. Easy.
Pressed Garagistic’s 95A differential Mount in the rear carrier!
Pressed in some new flange bushings as well.
Relocated the battery in the rear. And no, I didn’t just throw it back there. There’s a battery hold-down mechanism there that will hold it in nice and tight. You can see the ground lug to the right there. This will help offset the front-heavy weight distribution.
Got my Walbro 255lph pump in. No issues getting it to fit. Re-used some of the stock hardware, but other than that, it’s tight in there with no interference. Just need to add an in-line filter somewhere. !
No intereferences anymore (about 1/2″ of clearance) between the overflow tank and the alternator Pulley. It’s important that I make sure the radiator is married to the body with minimal movement so that this does not move anywhere.
So 9 days down, and an estimated 4 days to go. I’ve put in a total of 50hours into this build since September 10th. I estimate I have another 30 to finalize it.
So tomorrow I’ll need to weld the shifters, engine ground, and a big one……Rear Subframe Bushings. They should be completed tomorrow at which point I can re-focus on the rear end and getting the subframe, trailing arms, and suspension installed.
Almost there – Getting very tired.