It’s clear that this will not be a 10 day build. More like 13-15 days. But I’ve done my best and Garagistic has been an excellent proponent. Today, I got the Differential reluctor ring installed. It involved contracting the carrier by freezing it overnight….
Then immediately, after install it. Within 10 seconds, it will have contracted enough to stay on. Then after 1hr, almost impossible to remove without a press. Very easy way to install!
For the driver side mount, using the E36 Arms, I found out that I was only able to utilize 2 of the bolts. So I had Garagistic cut me a custom piece that adapted 2 other holes, thereby allowing me the use of at least 3 holes in the assembly.
After final alignment of the drivetrain, I couldn’t push the engine back any further. Disappointing because now the driveshaft is just too short to feel comfortable. Therefore, I’m having the rear half lengthened and re balanced professionally.
Stay tuned for tomorrow – no welding work, but alot of ancillary tasks like intake, brakes,